In 1967, determined not to be a farmer, Ralph McKay purchased one of the Victorian buildings in downtown Holly, Michigan as a hardware store. The beginning of a family owned and operated business with his wife Barbara and six children. Unfortunately, Ralph passed away in 1977, leaving Barb to split her duties between rearing a family and building a respected, successful business, mastering both.
Eventually, McKay’s Hardware at 118 S. Saginaw was moved north of town for expansion and the old store became an Antique Shop which has survived for 20 years under three different owner/managers.
Previous business owners were Bill Prim under “Antiques On Main” and next Mark Hay as “Holly Antiques On Main.” Currently, the business was acquired by Barbara McKay with Bill Prim acting as manager of “Holly Antiques by RBM.”
Although new to Antiques, her goal is to build a new business that offers customers great memories, a pleasant atmosphere, as well as a helpful happy work crew.
Looking forward to your visit and “Remembering Beautiful Memories.”
Dealers welcome to call regarding availability of space to rent by calling 248-634-1800.